Alloy wheel refurbishment
At TheMattFinish I understand that wheels can make or break a car as once they have become scratched, scuffed, dented or pitted the overall appearance of the vehicle is ruined.
I am able to offer alloy wheel refurbishment restoring rims to a factory finish through a selected and trusted 3rd party company who I have been using for the past few years.
Alloy wheel refurbishment is the convenient way to cosmetically restore and enhance your vehicle’s appearance, at a fraction of the price of a new set of rims.
A small rundown of the process
- Removed and dropped by myself to the company used
- Tyres removed
- Wheels inspected for buckles / flat spots and cracks and repaired if found
- Wheels dipped / paint stripped
- Wheels Media Blasted to profile for new paint finishes
- Wheels Powder Coated using high quality Powders designed for the Alloy Wheel Refurbishment industry
- A range of choice of colours are available for those who are more daring
- Tyres refitted, wheels balanced and checked. New tyres can be fitted at this time as well
- Inspected by myself before collection
- Customers choice on protection
- Refitted and factory torqued
With the wheels safely back at the studio there is the option to have the wheels ceramic coated for long lasting protection or protected with a high temperature wax, please contact me if you wish to discuss this matter further.
Its within our nature to find competitive prices however don’t be tricked into a cheap and inferior repairs carried out by smart repair companies. From experience of seeing wheels upon completion, common faults range from facial repairs with overspray being blown into the rear dishes leading to all contaminates on the dish being sealed in along with cheap and incorrect wheel paint.
Please note that this service is only available to those who have booked in for car detailing work as often the wheels can be away for a minimum of 4 days dependant on finish selected and I do not have space in the studio for cars that are not being work on